Today’s theme: Good headphones vs. “Good Stereo” The News:
Good headphone setup vs a good stereo speaker setup.
Sony MDR7506 + Audioquest Dragonfly or Schiit Fulla 2…
Mr. Speakers Aeon https://www.mrspeakers.com/headphones-15/aeon.html
Micca MB 42X
- Balanced Woven carbon fiber woofer for enhanced transient and impactful bass
- High performance Silk dome tweeter for smooth treble and accurate imaging and Frequency Response: 60Hz-20kHz (Typical In-Room)
- Highly optimized 12Db crossover with Zobel network and baffle step compensation
- Ported enclosure delivers extended bass response with low distortion
- Dramatically transformed sound signature that is incredibly open, balanced, and dynamic
- Sensitivity: 85dB 1W/1M
- 9.5 (H) x 5.8 (W) x 6.5 (D)
Paul Hello Michael, I emailed you a couple of weeks ago in regards to your opinion if I should upgrade my polk subs to an SVS 13 ultra. Well, I took your advice and I purchased the SVS SB 16 ultra. Not just one, but two SVS SB 16 ultras. I absolutely Love both of them, it was a great upgrade. Thank you for the great advice, I will keep these for a very long time. I do have another question. You mention the benefits of buying gear from Craigs list or ebay. I read on several sites to be aware of counterfeits. Is counterfeits something to worry about in the Audiophile world . If so, which audio items would you not buy from craigs list or ebay.
Thanks for such a great podcast!
PICK OF THE WEEK
Loudness wars: http://www.chicagomasteringservice.com/loudness.html